Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fearless By Max Lucado

A "BookSneeze" Book that was sent to me to read and review for free.
First of all Thomas Nelson provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to read and review. This is a great look at how fear can keep us from being happy because we let the fear of the unknown forces in life hold us back from truly living life to its fullest. I love the way the author, Max Lucado, uses Biblical references along with very interesting stories to demonstrate the different points he has to make. For example, he talks about how people nowadays are obsessed with focusing on "the worst case scenario"; convincing themselves that they have to be prepared for this impending doom! They become focused solely on that negative way of thinking and it consumes them. I could personally relate to the book, because sometimes I have a way of always expecting the worst and then being surprised when the worst doesn't happen. I think we tend to do that as a way to protect ourselves from disappointment and hurt. This book really opened my eyes and I am beginning to see that sometimes its just better to have faith that things are going to be ok and that when bad things happen, they will get better. I am really trying to do that more after reading this book. It is a really inspiring book and very easy to read. I also enjoyed cross-referencing the verses that he referenced in the Bible!

No comments:

Post a Comment