Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Untold Story of Olive Osmond



Genre: biography/nonfiction
Ages: All

Growing up in the 70's and being a girl, I was in love with the Osmond Brothers and especially Donny Osmond. I watched every show they ever did and had all the records and posters and could (and still can)sing all of their songs! I also loved their family and the values and morals and standards by which they lived and conducted themselves. So, when I ran across this book about the spiritual matriarch, Olive Osmond, I knew that I wanted to read it! What a beautifully written book (written by her son Virl). It really told a lot about the woman who would lovingly be referred to as "Mother Osmond" by millions around the world. Even Elvis Presley revered her and would call her up to talk to her! I loved reading about her growing up years and then her marriage to her husband! It was so neat to read about her hobbies and abilities and her love of motherhood! What an inspiring book! I couldn't put it down! The world lost a wonderful woman when she passed away, but I'm sure the angels in heaven rejoice at having her with them! Very well written book!

No comments:

Post a Comment